If you are a patient or would like to learn more about sexual health, the following resources are free for the public. This information is frequently updated to reflect the best practices in sexual health and discuss products currently on the market. While we strive to provide up-to-date and accurate information on the products listed, please talk to your clinician/physician if you have allergies, sensitivities, or any other sexual health concerns.
If you are a physician/clinician, visit the Professionals’s page for additional resources.
- Click here for a list of books, videos and websites on various sexual health topics for individuals and couples.
- Click here for a list of educational resources for children and adolescents.
- Click here for a list of education resources for children and adolescents with disabilities.
- Click here for helpful information on what to look for when purchasing a vibrator.
- Click here for information about vulvoginal care- “Moisturize, Stretch, Lube (MLS)”
- Click here for information on lubricants and other products. Additionally, this PDF by Dr. Lynn Wang offers a side-by-side comparison of several popular lubricants.
- Click here for Sallie’s PDF presentation “Aging and Sexual Health:
What Every Person Over 50 Wished They Could Ask A Sex Therapist.”
- Click here for vaginal dilator therapy instructions.
- Click here to read the DSD Guidelines and Handbook for Parents
available through the Accord Alliance and the Consortium of Disorders on Sex Development.
- It can be difficult to locate a qualified sex therapist. There is an organization called
the Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists (AASECT).
They have rigorous standards for certification. To find a certified sex therapist through AASECT,
go to their website - AASECT.org - then follow the directions for finding a certified sex therapist who practices near your town.
You can also call AASECT at 804.752.0026.
- Additional resources can be found at the University of Michigan center for sexual health website.